Choosing the right career is a crucial part of a student’s life. You have to choose a career that best suits your personality, interests and goals. Job opportunities and growth prospects must also feature in your selection criteria while choosing a career.
A Majority of new graduates are preferring to do a Post-Graduation course in Management because it has a huge scope. It provides varied job opportunities for people with different aptitudes and skills. However, it is important to choose the right specializations when enrolling for a PGDM or MBA course. You can choose from options such as Finance, Marketing, Retail, International Business, and Human Resources.
If you are a people’s person and have good communication skills, a career in HR is the most suitable choice. A PGDM in Human Resource Management will provide you with a strong fundamental knowledge and the right capabilities to be a competent and successful manager.
5 Reasons to Choose HR as a Career Choice
- The first and the most important reason to choose HRM as a career is the above average salaries in the sector. As per Payscale.com, the average salary of a HR Manager is
- Rs.721, 143 in India.
- Working in the HR Department of an organization gives a position of influence. You will be privy to the challenges and priorities of the organization. You will also be able to influence its future, through right recruitment, and employee training and development strategies.
- HR professionals have a unique chance of helping others, as one of their major responsibility is employee welfare. As a HR Manager, you will be responsible to take care of employee compensation and benefits. You can also help employees by providing them with proper training to improve their performance.
- There is a huge scope for growth in the sector. Recruitment in the sector is seeing steady growth. As per BLS, the sector is poised to see a steady 5% growth till 2022. Completing a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will help you benefit from the steady growth in the sector.
- HR professionals have one of the best job satisfaction rates. Solving the problems of employees and helping in their professional development provides huge gratification for these professionals.
5 Career Paths For Candidates with a PGDM in Human Resource Management
There are varied career paths for HR professionals with a PGDM in Human Resource management. Some of them are
- Employee Training and Development Manager
HRM is one of the most rewarding and satisfying careers. There is a good scope of growth and earning in the field. Pursuing a Masters course in HRM will improve the value of your resume and help you in finding good job opportunities.