Business analytics is the investigation of past business performance based on data to gain insight and drive business planning. Business analytics helps to drive compelling business solutions and differentiate the business to the customers, investors and regulators.
Many industries have recognized the value of business analytics and there is a huge demand for business analytics professionals. A PG in business analytics is the right program to follow if you want to be a professional. The program helps the candidates to develop strong skills in business analytics.
ITM Institute is one of the institutes offering a postgraduate program in business analytics. The program is a two-year full-time program. The program is designed to expose the candidates to the various facets of management - marketing, finance and HR with strong skills in business analytics.
The institute offers this program at its business school. It has business schools in Mumbai (Dombivli), Navi Mumbai (Kharghar), Chennai and Warangal.
The eligibility for the program is graduates in engineering, mathematics, statistics or commerce stream with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university. The admission process includes qualifying universities entrance test and a personal interview.
Curriculum for the PG in business analytics program
The curriculum is designed by experts with inputs from the analytics companies. The program is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). The program curriculum offers the following:
- Understanding of business management concepts related to marketing, finance and entrepreneurship.
- Developing the special skills set for applying analytics in the management areas.
The program will help the candidates to learn about management principles and techniques in the field of marketing, finance, quantitative analysis and entrepreneurship. They will also learn about adaptive thinking which is useful in the management domain.
- The reasons for choosing this program are:
- Good university with excellent campus and good infrastructure.
- Industry-ready curriculum is offered
- Experienced faculty with industrial background/industry vendor certification
- 100% placement support with career opportunities in fast-growing industry segments
- Technology-enabled learning with learning management systems and e-learning
- Industry interface which ensures continued exposure to the industry
- Aptitude and soft skills training which assists in good placement and quick career growth
Business analytics is growing at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 8%. The market for business analytics is expected to grow by 14.4% by 2020.
The career progression path for a business analytics professional can be from junior data management analyst to senior data management analyst to director of data management.