You can find many courses after graduation and one of them is the postgraduate diploma in management (PGDM). This course is offered by autonomous institutes and approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
The eligibility for the course is a bachelor’s degree (!0+2+3) with minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination and appearance in any of the following common entrance tests CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, state CET tests as per the AICTE guidelines.
One of the institutes offering interesting courses after graduation is the ITM Institute. It offers PGDM at its campuses at Navi Mumbai (Kharghar), Mumbai (Dombivli), Chennai, and Warangal. The PGDM is a two-year full-time course. The institute offers this program in the fields of
- PGDM in International Business Management
- PGDM in Retail Management and Marketing
- PGDM in Human Resource Management
- PGDM in Financial Markets
- PGDM with specialization in Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics and Marketing and Digital Media
The programs are called iConnect programs as they are a combination of academics, personal development and professional development. The programs aim to develop ready-to-work professionals.
iConnect PGDM programs offered by the institute
The institute believes that the education system needs to be supported by an equal skills training program to prepare the candidates for real-world challenges. The institute offers a two-year professional development program along with the PGDM program.
The program covers communication, language, etiquette and grooming which are important while dealing with subordinates and seniors. The candidates are trained in soft skills and applied behavioural science. The faculty provides focused attention to each student.
The program includes effective attitude development, interpersonal skills, global skills enhancement and career management.
Why choose PGDM as interesting courses after graduation?
There are various reasons to choose a PGDM program after graduation. They are
- As the program is offered by autonomous institutes so the syllabus is industry-relevant. The syllabus can be revised and enriched depending on what the business professionals need today.
- The program begins with a foundation course where the candidates from different streams are taught the basic management subjects.
- The subject the candidate wants to specialize in is taught from the first year itself and this gives the faculty enough time to teach the specialization subject. Thus the knowledge offered in the specialization subject is vast.
- The programs include a five-month full-time paid industry internship.
- The candidates have to work on a one-month NGO project. This teaches them social responsibility.
- The institute offers placement assistance and networking with alumni.